Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - The Tuesday Version!

Hi, all!

Well, after a short burst of winter this past weekend, with snow, icy roads, super cold temperatures (at least for us - two days when it didn't even get above freezing) and school cancellations, we are moving into a typical Tennessee pattern - it will be nearly 70 degrees by the end of this week!  Oh well, at least it's never boring!  The cold weather allowed me to focus my attention on last week's list, though, which is good.  So let's see how it went...

1.  Get everything organized in my studio - returned to its proper place or sent to Goodwill so that others can enjoy it too!
Done!  I got all my shelves put together and most everything back in its place.  There are still a few things out off place, but I was feeling the need to sew - so they will just have to wait!  You can see more pictures of the makeover by clicking here.


2.  Cut and piece the Free Spirit quilt.
Done!  Both the front and the back are pieced and ready for quilting.  This is going to be a truly reversible quilt!  Stay tuned for the big reveal in two weeks.

3.  Finish the designs for the Stunning Stars quilt-along.
Finished, and I'm pulling fabrics for prototypes!

4.  Contact all the people who have indicated they want to be part of the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop with final details!
In progress!  If you haven't heard from me and you indicated you wanted to be part of the hop, please email me directly at 
salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week...


This quilt went to a young woman going through multiple health issues...


...and this one went to a grandmother in the hospital with congestive heart failure.


This quilt went to an elderly gentleman who is bedridden with double pneumonia...


...and this quilt is now comforting a woman who has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

So, all in all, a productive week!  I also had some fun (no really, FUN!) trying out paper piecing again as I made this smaller version of the LLR quilt I made for my daughter...


I have to say, even though I've had trouble with paper piecing in the past - I can't seem to wrap my head around the spatial problems of which way a piece will turn once it's sewn and flipped - doing it with straight pieces of fabric did yield a really pretty block!  I can't wait to finish this one - it will be either a wall mini or a pillow cover, I'm not sure which just yet.  This one will finish at 14" square.

OK, enough lolling around in the past - it's a new year and we're looking ahead, right?  Here's the plan for this week:

1.  Quilt a ministry quilt.

2.  Quilt the Free Spirit quilt.

3.  Make final decisions on at least two of the Stunning Stars quilts.

4.  Start piecing at least one of the Stunning Stars quilts.

5.  Start working on the final assembly of a Dear Jane quilt left partially finished by a member of our quilting group who died last year.

6.  Try out a smaller (mug-rug size maybe?) of the LLR pattern.

7.  Press and fold one tub of scraps, or make at least six string blocks, or both!

8.  Take care of any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Not a long list, but plenty to keep me busy, I think.  Activities start back at church tonight, and we'll have group sewing Wednesday night, Thursday morning, and Saturday morning, so I'll be busy with all of that too.  May not get to the scrappy goals this week... but those are the ones I need to do the most, I think! LOL!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your "truly reversible" comment. This is something I've been trying to figure out for a while as it would cut my "space for storing quilts" problem in half in our small home. I definitely give most away, but sometimes it's nice to keep your own work, even if it's until it's ready to fly out into the world to the perfect home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done paper piecing a lot and I tend to have problems with it when I do - must learn how to do it better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to finish up the last 2 clues to Bonnie's mystery and then it will get set aside as I need to get started on the wedding quilt for our nephew and soon to be niece.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the Stunning Stars reveals :)

    This week, and every week during 2017, I'm busting UFOs and little stash here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making a quilt for each of my grandchildren's birthday, 6 in total, this year. My oldest granddaughter's birthday is January 25. My goal is to finish it this week. I underestimated the yardage on the white fabric. I was making the quilt from a picture. Luckily I already had white fabric ordered but I had to wait five days for Connecting Threads' to deliver! Four days to goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ministry quilts are always beautiful, but today the last one is so lovely, and will give warmth and care. No sewing down here, Hugh had his 80'th birthday, and we had celebrations over the week as family came and went, friends ditto. Maybe next week I will be back to some more blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the donated quilts and the sewing room looks great. I love paper piecing, but I won't be doing any until I get finished with some of my UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!